This is a git-specific workflow that helps you contribute flawlessly you JuPedSim.
- Clone the project (for the first time)
git clone https://cst.version.fz-juelich.de/jupedsim/jpscore.git
- Change to the developement branch and create a branch with your feature.
git checkout developement git checkout -b feature_name
- Write code and Commit changes
git commit -m "Describe here your changes"
- Push your branch to GitLab. But before doing so, test your code.
git push origin feature_name
Create a merge request
a Master will review your code & merge it to the developement branch (maybe).
Tips Working with Git
- Pull frequently.
- Commit often, but don’t push every commit.
- Create one commit per unit of work. Break your changes down into multiple commits, e.g. "fix bug", "add documentation", etc.
- Push when changes are tested.
See also 8 Tips to help you work better with Git.