- 12 November 2019: We launch the JULAIN Journal Club [read more]
- 12 November 2019: Call for Helmholtz AI Projects released [read more]
- 7 October 2019: DFG announces a strategic funding initiative on Artificial Intelligence [read more]
DFG Press Release
- 6 September 2019: Georgian students taught in ML and HPC at FZJ [read more]
- 23 April 2019: Our mailing list reached the pretty number of 123 members :)
- 23 April 2019: In order to provide an overview of groups at FZJ actually dealing with ML and DL we release a plain list of links to these groups. Have a look at ML&DL@FZJ.
- 8 April 2019: The network's members elected a new name.
From now on, we'll call ourselves JULAIN – the JULich AI Network
- 27 March 2019: Release of the “Getting started with ML/DL on Supercomputers" tutorial
- 26 March 2019: FZJ will host a HAICU Local Unit
HAICU Central will be implemented at HMGU, Munich. Other HAICU Local units will be at KIT, DLR, HZG, and HZDR
HGF press release
- 25 January 2019: Lab Visit Kick Off Meeting and first Lab Visit Read more
- 21 November 2018: first meeting of the wiki-group
- 10 September 2018: GO for HAICU (Helmholtz Artificial Coorperation Unit) During the Helmholtz general assembly the HAICU concept was presented and successfully defended by Katrin Amunts (FZJ, INM-1) and Fabian Theis (HMGU). The concept has been approved and HAICU will be implemented. The location of the HAICU components will be tendered.